Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Photobucket

Topsy turvy.
Getting out of here as fast as i can.


I've been kinda down the past few days until today. Thank God for fun classmates who cheered me up unknowingly! Watched a really funny video which i will post tmr ^^ Made my day cause it made me laugh. Meeting Stacy & Ken for Gelare today also lifted up my spirits (:

One of the reasons why i've been so down is the Eco-Bag competition.

Rmbr the Eco-Bag i mentioned in my previous post? Well, turns out i am unable to submit it ): I was mad pissed! I put in so much effort into it & end up i can't submit it ): I was told by my lousy faci to submit it to Suntec latest by 6 May. However, the receptionist(Suntec) said it's on 8&9 May. Wasted my trip-Nvm. She still gave me a brochure tt DID NOT indicate the timing i had to submit it. Neither did she tell me the timing i must submit it by! WTH right. Plus i even asked her 'So i just come down either on 8/9 May to submit can alr isit?' She replied with ONE word 'Yes!' Went down on the 9th as i cld nt make it on the 8th. Arrived past 7pm(end of submission) & was told they will not take in anymore submissions. Then & there my eyes became teary & i walked away damn fast, doing my best to hold back my tears ): Ughh! I was really looking forward to this Eco-Bag competition ): Super upset with the receptionist & the wrong info given by my faci! ):


Photobucket

Plain canvas bag to be designed using recycled items. I used:
  • Shoelace
  • Ribbon
  • Clothes
  • Button

Photobucket

'Let's Go Eco' i sewed painstakingly using shoelace.

Photobucket

Skirt pocket i cut out & splattered paint on it so it wld look less dull.

Photobucket

Vintage button.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Still not satisfied with the bag. Looks quite plain.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wrapped Dark Green ribbons around the handle!!

Photobucket

TA-DA! Now it looks much better.

Photobucket

Back of the bag- A simple Pink glitter ribbon sewed in a twirly pattern.


Photobucket

Satisfied! (:

Unfortunately the judges at Suntec will never know the existence of this bag i designed )):

No comments: