375g Plain Flour
40g Icing Sugar
500g Cold Butter, cubed
*Using your hands, add in the cubed butter bit by bit & crumble it with the flour & icing sugar. Keep rubbing the butter & dry ingredients in-between your fingers until the butter is flattened.
**THE BUTTER SHLD NOT MELT!
Pinch of salt
1 Tspn water (Add only if dough is too dry)
*Create a well in the middle of the flour mixture & add in the eggs.
*Mix well with a spatula or hand if preferred until well combined.
NOTE: Dough has to be kept in chiller for a day to rest before using!
(It is easier to roll out the dough too when left to rest in the chiller for a day)
- Roll out your dough & lay it in your moulds. Gently press the sides of the dough so as to prevent it from puffing up when baked.
- Let the sides of the dough hang from the mould. The dough will shrink a lil when baked. The excess dough hanging from the mould will help keep it's shape.
- Using a fork, gently press it against the dough creating holes to let air escape when baked. It also prevents the dough from rising up.
- Place tart shells into the chiller for at least 30mins-1hr before baking at 180C for 10mins.
Mushroom quiche filling
- Sautee sliced white onions & button mushrooms in a pan & season with salt & pepper.
- Once cooked, set aside.
- Break 2-3 eggs into a mixing bowl, add about 1 & a half cup of whipping cream & whisk the mixture tgth.
- Season w salt & pepper.
- Grate any kind of cheese tt you prefer. I used Parmesan.
- Add your desired amt into the egg mixture.
*Lay the cooked mushroom at the bottom of the baked tart & pour in the egg mixture.
*Bake at 180C for 6-8mins.
DONE! Pack it into containers & it's ready to be eaten! It's a rly simple dish. Looks difficult but i hope my instructions were clear enough with photos provided! (:
- Using the same Tart dough recipe as the one used for the mushroom quiche(above recipe), repeat the same steps.
200g Milk Choc
200g Whipping Cream
*Heat the whipping cream over medium low heat until it boils & take it off the heat.
*Pour the whipping cream into the milk choc & stir with a spatula until the choc has melted completely & is mixed well with the cream.
*Pour the choc filling into the baked tart shell & place into the chiller to set.
NOTE: This choc tart recipe is more ideal for an indoor picnic rather than a outdoor as it will melt. Unless u eat it right away once u settle down then its fine (:
- Fill the boiling water with 2 tablespoon of olive oil & a pinch of salt.
- Boil the pasta for at least 7mins till it's Al dente(not too soft, not too hard to chew).
- Saute mushrooms(u can use the extras from the mushroom quiche) followed by prawns.
- Season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Oil your frying pan & sauté the pasta, adding the mushrooms & prawns.
- Season with salt & pepper. Add chilli flakes for a kick of spiciness.
- Scoop the pasta into small containers or in my case, i used little carton boxes with a parchment paper as an underliner for the "cup" holding the pasta.
Part 2 of my 'Picnic food' post will be continued another time! (: Any questions for today's food post can be directed under my formspring which can be found on the top left hand side of my site! (: