Ham & Cheese sandwich
1 Pkt Burger bread/Brioche bread
1 Pkt of Picnic ham (Alternatively, u can use halal ham like i did for my muslim friends)
1/2 Pkt Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Jar Mayonnaise
- Spread the bread with butter & toast in the oven for about 3mins at 180C till it's golden brown.
- If you bought a block of cheese like i did, using a knife, slice the cheese in thin pieces of rectangles. (Don't waste your item grating the cheese!)
- Place it back into the oven for another 4-5mins & take it out once the cheese has completely melted.
TIP: U don't wanna walk away when u put the sandwich in for the 2nd time for the cheese to melt as it may burn!
- Lay the picnic ham onto the bread, followed by a generous amt of cheese! (If you're a cheese lover, pile on more! Cheese is gooooddd!)
- Complete the sandwich by covering it with the over half of the bread!
I bought Sakura chicken from Fairprice. Why Sakura chicken? 'Cause their chicken taste jucier, definitely tender & does not contain any hormone growth chemicals or antibiotics!
- Cut off the head & legs of the chicken. (U can use it for chicken stock if you happen to be doing one so as not to waste it.)
- Wash the insides of the chicken removing the blood.
- Marinate the chicken in Rose wine for at least 6-8hrs & wash the chicken again aft soaking it in the marinate. (Optional)
- I used these 2 herbs & spices to rub all over the chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper too.
- Stuff the insides of the chicken w 4 cloves of garlic, 3 sprigs of rosemary & a small bunch of thyme.
- Slice 2 rectangle piece of butter & slide it underneath the skin of the chicken from the butt & the breast.
- If you knw how to truss a chicken, please do so. Why is it impt to truss the chicken? Simply because it provides even cooking!
Watch this video on 'How to truss a chicken' if you have no idea how to! It's not difficult.
- Pop it into the oven at 260C-280C for about 12-14mins until you see that the chicken has browned a lot & using a thermometer, the temp of the chicken should be around 45-50C.
- After 12-14mins, lower the temperature to 180C & bake it for another 5-6mins. Once done, check if the chicken is thoroughly cooked by inserting the thermometer into the chicken & it shld read 60C & above!
- Wrap the chicken in aluminum foil & it's waiting to be eaten by hungry people! (:
TIP: Ensure that your chicken is thoroughly cook as u don't wanna bring a half cooked chicken to a picnic! Tt'd be utterly embarrassing!
That's all for my picnic food post! I rly hope this helped some of you & those who don't knw how to cook, this is actually kinda easy to do. I have provided clear instructions & visuals for u to follow i hope (: Any further qns can be directed to my form spring or email, firstname.lastname@example.org!
Have a nice day (: