Friday, October 26, 2012

My whimsical 21st (:

Photobucket

I'm finally 21 years old! Gosh, i can't believe i've stepped into the young adults category. It all feels so surreal. I'm scared but yet, excited (: Scared because it means i'd have to take more responsibilities & act like an adult. Excited because i can't wait to see what God has installed for me (: For i know, greater things are yet to come (:

P.S. All my party decor details down to the cake, catering etc. will be stated with the link provided as the company's name js by clicking on it, it will lead u to their website. Hope this wld be of an useful entry to those of u who're planning a party (:

Photobucket

Made several pinwheels & used it as a "guestbook" as suggested by Tash. Friends who came wrote their birthday wishes to me on a pinwheel. Pinwheel decorative papers were purchased from Papermarket.

P.S. I will be doing a post on how to make Pinwheels & some other decorative items (:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My halal catering was done by Glory catering  $10/person. Min order of 30pax.
The food was delicious!  Sadly i didn't get to eat much. So glad everyone loved the food.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Used plastic jars as drinking cups & the twins tied it with green & yellow ribbons so it wldn't look so plain. Striped straws are from Papermarket, the Rafflescity outlet.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My dessert table which i set up all by myself. Didn't want to spend so much money js for someone to decor a dessert table. Decided to do it on my own. So much cheaper!

"Sweets" banner is purchased from Typo. It comes in a box of several alphabets.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tarts from Fancy delight at $15.60 for 12 pieces.

Photobucket

Egg tarts from Glory catering  which tasted super awesome!!

Photobucket

Chocolate tart i made myself. Feedback i got from my friends were tt it was yummy or some said it was too sweet.

Photobucket

Muffins of diff flavors from Chocolate N' Spice, located at ShunFu. These are my fav muffins cause the texture is spongy & soft. It taste fresh & i light up instantly whenever my dad brings over a box of these wonderful muffins! It's tt good! By noon they are all sold out.

Photobucket

Fondue set i borrowed from R's uncle. Very grateful tt he cld lend it to me.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The huge speaker in Black was brought by Shu Xia. Hahaha damn awesome right?! I've never come across anyone's party who has such a hugeass speaker!

Photobucket

Used my pinwheels "guestbook" as a photo booth. I wanted to do a photo booth so badly! But i had no time to do so. Oh wells.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Primary school friends & Claria!

Photobucket

Softballers (:

Photobucket

Secondary school friends (:

Photobucket

Secondary school friends (: (the closer ones)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Joe & his gf Julia! (:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Stacy was such a sweetheart. She came extra early to help me w the party decor & set up! Wld hv been alone if not for her! Thank u so much Stussy! I am greatly touched (: She even did my make up which i loved!

Photobucket

Aunty Lilian! This woman is like a 2nd mum to me (:

Photobucket

My best friends & Ashwin (:

Photobucket

Twins & mum (:

Photobucket

Uncle Ian, family, steph & Sx! (: Uncle Ian flew back to SG js to attend my birthday party! Super touched (:

Photobucket
Photobucket

R (: He helped me quite a lot for my party. If not for him, i wldn't be able to get it tgth! He got the helium tank & filled the balloons, alcohol, drinks, fondue set, filled up the water dispenser, packed my stuff etc.

Photobucket

R & his younger brother (: They are super tall! I always find them super cute when they stand tgth! Idk why?! Hahaha.

Photobucket

Birthday girl gets birthday kisses! Hehe ^^

Photobucket

Shu Xia! She is responsible for bringing the hugeass speakers! Hahaha. Very grateful for her help (:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Birthday cake is done by Diamond Chefs. There was some hiccup with my cake, but i'm glad it was still given to me on time & looked presentable enough.

Photobucket

Initially it looked like tt. I wanted rosette pipings but unfortunately, the baker said the rosette pipings melted so she had to cover it w fondant. As i ordered Red Velvet, i knew tt fondant doesn't go well w red velvet even if there was cream cheese underneath it. But what to do right? What's done is done.
I wasn't happy w how it turned out. Got her to change the bow to a bigger one & in Turquoise. Not a fan of too much pink. She changed the Black lining in the middle of the cake to turquoise balls, which i'm super happy she did! Looks much better.

Photobucket

My complete cake w the beautiful candles i got from Cluny Court, located along Bukit timah rd. Nearest MRT is Botanical Gardens.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I felt damn awkward when everyone started singing to me 'Happy birthday'. Like i didn't know what to do?! Hahaha i'm actually quite a shy person when in large crowds!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Polaroids were purchased from Digital Rabbit. Each box of 10 were priced at $10 ech. It was the cheapest i cld find.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

R purchased the helium gas tank which is said to be able to fill 35 balloons for $45. But we managed to fill 60+ balloons! Even had enough to suck in the helium! HAHAHA.

Photobucket

Balloon supplies or party related items can be purchased from Balloon Maniac, located at Blk 5022 Ang Mo Kio, Industrial park 2, #01-23, S569525. They close at 6pm everyday so be sure to get there earlier. I've been to several arty shops & at Balloon Maniac, their ballon prices are relatively cheap! Very worth it.

Photobucket

When we were packing up, everyone js stuck a pinwheel to Raihanah! Hahahahaha.

Photobucket

Loving my make up & colorful ear rings i got from Aldo.

Photobucket

Dress is from Lacepipe. Suited my Whimsical themed party perfectly, with a peek-a-boo centre which i loved very much (: Comfortable piece & i love the unique colors of the dress!

I had great fun at my party! Though i wish there were more pics taken of my birthday party decor. My photographer(nik) did not do a good job -__- I hardly hv any pics of the party which i am super pissed abt still. Anw, i appreciate everyone who travelled all the way down to my party & those who came with gifts. I am very grateful to all of you (: 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very energetic article, I loved that a lot.
Will there be a part 2?

Feel free to visit my web site :: pdf ebook security