Friday, February 11, 2011


1 Thing to be happy abt:

  1. Got accepted into my next attachment at Cocotte!
I'm so happy! (: Heh ^^ Anyways, Here's a short update on my work & more on my school! (:

Photobucket

This is the back of the kitchen. Where i spend most of my time cutting ingredients or doing other food preparations.

Photobucket

This is my first 6 months at a Asian restaurant. I will be doing another 6 months at a Western restaurant. I like the system by my school,
At-Sunrice, cause it allows u to hv a taste of how the Asian & Western kitchen works.

Photobucket

My class! (: Our last day at Fort Canning! My new school is awesome max!!! :DDD Wayyy better than F.C!

Photobucket

Aft our lessons, the class will clean up the whole kitchen such as washing the dishes..

Photobucket

Sweeping & mopping the floor.

Photobucket

Soaping the table top.

The chefs
At-Sunrice emphasize a lot on hygiene & grooming standards! So wherever we go in the future, we will always hv the habit of staying clean as we go! (:

Photobucket

We wld hv our lunch/dinner outside the patio. Our lunch/dinner wld be the food we cooked.

Photobucket

Desserts given by the Pastry & Bakery class! Yummyyyy :DDD

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also have lunch/dinner presentations weekly. Different classes will be chosen to do a short presentation on what we hv learnt tt day with a display of our food. This daily presentation gives us a chance to stand in front of a large crowd to practice our public speaking! We are nt js trained on our culinary skills, but also the way we speak!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Most of all, you meet great friends tt makes your journey to becoming a future chef a real fun one! (: Do visit At-Sunrice for more details if you are interested in Culinary or Pastry! (: They also offer other courses. So check out their website here!

If you hv any questions abt my school, you can ask me at my Formspring! (: I'll be more than glad to ans your qns! (:


No comments: