Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Vietnam (part 1)

Spent a week in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City. Booked my flights about a month ago. Flew solo for the first time. My uncle & aunty are staying there which is why i decided to fly to Vietnam for a holiday. They were extremely generous in giving a place to stay & bringing me around HCMC. Am very grateful for the generosity & hospitality.

HCMC to me, is a mix of the modern world & olden days. Idk how to explain really. HCMC wasn't what i expected it to be. In fact, it was better than i imagined it to be. I thought they were close to 3rd world kinda situation. But their're actually pretty up to date. I had a relaxing time there & i love the food! They have many French restaurants/cafes around. & They taste good! Its so not the lousy kind i swear.





 My lovely friends & R who send me off & woke up early to have bf w me! Hehe (:
PIZZA 4P's
8/15 Lê Thánh Tôn street, 

District1, Ho Chi Minh City

Opening time

From 10:00 to 23:00

(L.O.22:30, Everyday open)

Telephone number

(08) 38-229-838 /

mobile 01207894444

 Buratta prosciutto pizza: House-made burrata cheese,  Prosciutto, rocket, fresh tomato, parmesan and olive oil (290,000 VND)
 4 cheese pizza: House-made mozzarella,  House-made camembert, gorgonzola, parmesan,  fresh cream and olive oil (240,000 VND)
This is my fav! Even now looking at the pic makes me salivate.
 Chicken teriyaki pizza: Chicken, seaweed, shiso green perilla leave, mayonnaise, olive oil and house-made mozzarella (200,000 VND)

 2 Lam Son Square (Inside Park Hyatt Hotel)District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
Tel: +84 8 3824 1234 


It's a must to order their famous housemade mojito called "2 Lam Son". I dont even like alcohol but i love this drink! 

 Loving my new hair cause i just cut it. Length is much more manageble now which is what i really wanted. It is the BEST haircut i've ever had & im sad i cant findone as good as the one i did in Vietnam :( $35 for blow, wash, head massage & cut! So darn cheap & totally worth it.


 My cousin was so cute. She did up a welcome note for me.
 To book the vespa tour:






 Flower market.

 Tbh, i wldn't recomnned gg for the Vespa tour. It is expensive, & sadly, boring. I mean, u do get to learn a lil history bout Vietnam. But it's more towards the religion side & during my tour, i was brought to several temples. In which, no offence to anyone, wasn't of any interest to me. Also, HCMC is kinda mixed w a modern & run down concept. So really, there isnt much worth sight seeing. So unless u've got money to spare & js wanna have a thrill ride on what it's like to sit on a vespa, then go ahead. If not, don't waste your money. I felt it was a total waste of money. The places i was brought to during the tour was what i've seen in SG. So it's really nothing new or fascinating for me. I found it to be plain boring.
 The cathedral. Such beauty.
 Post office.

Pho Hoa
260C Pasteur Street | 
SaigonHo Chi Minh CityVietnam


 The places i went to buy fabric for tailoring. The address is in the pic.

If you are keen on tailoring your fabric, go to this shop:
Nha May| Ngoc Tan
Luong dinh cua-Phuong bing an
Quan 2, HCMC


Ben Thanh market.








 
If u come across this shop " PHUC LONG", go in and order milk tea & ask for less sugar. It's really nice!

Nam Giao
136/15 D Le Thanh Ton | Dong Khoi AreaHo Chi Minh CityVietnam
 Steam rice cake with shrimp crumble & pork crackling. Really good.

Golden Lotus Traditional club
20 ho Huan Nghiep StreetHo Chi Minh City 84
Their massage was pretty shiok. & It's a higher end massage centre. Affordable & clean.
We had a private tour at Mengkong delta.






























Here's a shortclip i posted on my IG on Mekong Delta.
 Aunty told me this is satay soup with vermicelli. I quite like it with their given condiments to mix with. Esp when its eaten with basil, its so sooo good!





Lovin ma birthday nails! (: Also, it's my first time doing a mani & pedi w design. It's been 6 years since i last did one.

No comments: